Stewed Apple and Sultana Recipe (using BabyFood Pro)
Orchard fruits can be enjoyed all year round.
- 2 eating apples e.g. Royal Gala, Braeburn or Cox (about 200g flesh)
- 25g sultanas
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Add 220ml water to the water tank.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the peel and core. Cut into 1½ to 2cm pieces.
- Place the apple pieces and sultanas in the basket and insert into the jug.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top and place the lid on the jug.
- Set to steam for 15 minutes.
- When the steaming has finished, pour the ingredients into the jug containing the residual water from steaming and blend for 30 to 40 seconds for a smooth puree.
Top Tip: A little bit of a change from plain apple puree and great warm or cold. You can also mix it with baby rice and your baby’s usual milk. Older babies can have it with full fat natural yogurt.
Please be aware that some of the recipes may contain nuts, so please therefore use caution and remove any known allergens from recipes when preparing.