Creamy Salmon and Spinach Recipe (using BabyFood Pro)
Introduce your baby to fish with this warm and hearty fish dish. Using salmon instead of white fish provides extra omega 3 fatty acids and adding the spinach gives baby a rich source of protein.
- 1 raw salmon fillet (125g)
- 75g fresh baby spinach
- 1tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 25g full fat cream cheese
- Add 220ml water to the water tank.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into 1cm cubes, checking for any bones as you go.
- Put the salmon and spinach in the basket and insert into the jug.
- Add the lemon juice and dried parsley and place the lid on the jug.
- Set to steam for 10 minutes.
- When the steaming has finished, pour the ingredients into the jug containing the residual water from steaming.
- Add the cream cheese to the jug and blend for 30 to 40 seconds for a puree or “Pulse” blend (do not hold the blend button down, press in short bursts) for a chunkier texture for older babies.
Top Tip: For older babies and toddlers, this can be eaten with potatoes or rice. It also makes a great sauce that can be eaten with chopped pasta or whole pasta twists.
Please be aware that some of the recipes may contain nuts, so please therefore use caution and remove any known allergens from recipes when preparing.