Christmas Leftover Veggies (using BabyFood Pro)
We all buy too much at Christmas and we are often left with seasonal vegetables like Brussel sprouts and a bulk of root vegetables. Using these extra vegetables is a great way to expand on the variety of vegetables that you give your baby. Why not try a vegetable casserole that can be blended into a puree or “pulsed” into a chunkier meal?
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 6 Brussel sprouts
- 1 medium potato
- Add 220ml water to the water tank.
- Peel all of the vegetables and chop into 1 to 1.5cm pieces.
- Place the potato, carrots, Brussel sprouts and parsnips into the basket inside the jug and set to steam for 25 minutes.
- Empty the contents from the basket into the jug and replace the lid.
- For a chunkier meal, pulse blend to get a thicker consistency.
- Blend continuously for 40 seconds in the residual water from steaming.
- If a smoother texture is required, blend for a further 30 seconds or until you have reached the desired consistency.
Top Tip: Older babies will also enjoy this recipe with pieces of turkey, chicken or fish.
Please be aware that some of the recipes may contain nuts, so please therefore use caution and remove any known allergens from recipes when preparing.